Keeping a PC in good condition depends on several factors. Sometimes companies ignore that taking a series of precautions to take care of computing devices saves money. A good maintenance company should advise all SMEs that work with computer systems to take care of both hardware and software.
Not making the necessary arrangements necessarily leads to several things: computer problems, delays in client work, loss of clients and sales, and ultimately, having the company paralyzed.
In this article Click A Geek Inc, experts are going to give you some tips that you should take into account to take care of the preventive maintenance of your computer, even if you do not have much idea of computing.
Tips for maintaining your computer
Even if we have a contracted company that takes care of keeping our computer system in good condition, there are things that can only be done on-site. In addition, by this, I am not only referring to the manager or head of the company, but to each one of the employees who work with a computer in a computer network.
Must take into account for hardware care:
- Never bring liquids or drinks close to the electronic components. Any misplaced drop of water can short circuit and burn wires or hardware components.
- Keep the equipment in a dust-free place, especially if it is a desktop computer. Dust collects on the fans and inside the computer case, preventing normal ventilation, causing the interior to heat up and unable to cool the CPU.
- Clean the keyboard and mouse from time to time. Computer mice can be cleaned easily, moving the rear wheel, removing the ball, and using a handkerchief and a toothpick to remove all the accumulated garbage. The keyboard requires removing the keys and is more complicated. I have written an article in which I explain how to clean your keyboard.
Our maintenance company will be in charge of opening the casing and periodically checking that the equipment is in good condition, as well as applying improvements if necessary.
For software care:
- Do not turn off your computer by pressing the power directly. Sometimes there is no other option when it crashes, but it is preferable to avoid this action. You should always shut down from the boot and shut down the system.
- Work with a good antivirus. We recommend that you use Nod 32. It is cheap and gives you full-featured protection, unlike some free software. It is recommended to do a virus scan from time to time.
- Avoid bad practices online. Do not download programs from unknown manufacturers, or use P2P networks in the company without adequate security. Also, be careful when opening emails, even if you see that it is your bank “supposedly” the one writing to you.
- Download the updates. Windows has an automatic system for downloading updates, but you should be aware that it is activated and that they are being downloaded. The same for the programs you use, as well as for Java and the antivirus.